The past couple of months here at UA have been exciting! We’ve had events and news stirring around. So here is the inside scoop on one of the biggest milestones for our company. On October 21st, Florida Governor Rick Scott visited us, toured our new corporate office in Downtown Fort Lauderdale and participated in our new headquarter’s ribbon-cutting ceremony.
Governor Rick Scott was not our only esteemed guest of the day. We also had the pleasure of meeting and hosting the following prominent guests:
- Lieutenant Governor – Carlos Lopez-Cantera
- Executive Director for the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity – Cissy Proctor
- Vice Mayor of Fort Lauderdale – Dean Trantalis
- CEO of the Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance (GFLA) – Bob Swindell
All of the people listed above along with various community leaders, and alliance members, toured our new headquarters and spoke with UA employees.
After participating in the ribbon cutting ceremony, Lt. Governor Carlos Lopez-Cantera and Governor Rick Scott announced the job numbers for the state of Florida to UA employees. They also celebrated how many jobs have been created here at UA!
At the start of 2016, we predicted to create 50 new jobs by the end of 2018. Now nearing the end of the year, we have already created 43 new jobs and most certainly will create more jobs than forecasted in the upcoming years. Lieutenant Governor Carlos Lopez-Cantera applauded UA and said, “This is a great company and it’s another example of how here in Florida, we prioritize jobs because jobs help families.”
Governor Scott also had kind words to say, “This would be an unbelievable company to work for, if you look at all the energy and all the talent in this room, this is a good place to work. Businesses like Uniform Advantage are continuing to invest in Florida and create new opportunities for families in South Florida.”
We all truly felt honored to have such support from the Governor’s office, the city of Fort Lauderdale, and the Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance. All of whom helped celebrate our new job creation, success, and corporate relocation.
Thank you for another successful year, don’t miss out on all of our sales going on now!
We know it is difficult to find the time and get in the holiday spirit when you work long tiring shifts. The holiday season is hectic for everyone but to make it easier on you, we’ve compiled some quick and simple ways to get in the spirit and spread that holiday cheer! These great ideas can be used whether you work in a hospital, doctor’s office, veterinary clinic, retirement center or anywhere else!
1. Decorate Your Office: There is no time like the holidays to get creative and decorate your space to make it fun and festive! You can tweak your holiday decorations to make it more in-line with your workplace.
2. Brighten Up Your Scrubs: Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered, we have the best winter scrubs just for those who listen to Christmas songs all December long. These festive scrubs will have everyone singing along to your favorite Christmas carols.
3. Bake Holiday Treats: There is nothing that says the holidays quite like good food and yummy treats. Check out a few of our favorite holiday desserts that are ridiculously cute and really easy to make.
4. DIY Christmas Gifts: Spread your holiday cheer by showing your appreciation to your patients or your co-workers with some simple, festive, and awesome gifts. These aren’t time-consuming and can be used for anyone and everyone. Plus, these DIYs will save you some money during this pricey season.
5. Enjoy a Hot Drink: Baby it’s cold outside, so on your day off stay inside, light the fireplace, and treat yourself to your favorite hot holiday drink. Below are a few of our favorites. What is your go-to warm winter beverage?
What is your favorite way to get in the holiday mood? Comment below and let us know! Feel free to share a recipe, gift ideas, or pictures of your decorations!
In light of November being men’s health awareness month, we are continuing to showcase some of our favorite scrubs for men. Men’s health awareness month aims to bring support and take action to help men live longer. Movements like Movember have become increasingly popular and promotes growing a mustache for 30 days to raise awareness and money to support men’s heath projects. Other movements like No Shave November is a “unique way to grow cancer awareness.”
We are often asked if we supply scrubs for men. The answer is yes! We have a large selection of solid scrubs for men and men’s print tops. We are always looking to expand our variety and come out with new styles, colors, and prints each season for our men in scrubs.
Here are our top 5 favorite men’s pieces!
Our first top is shown in Wine and Granite but comes in many other color combos. If you want to liven up your scrubs but like to stick to solid colors this top is for you!
But if you enjoy solids and like a variety of colors and comfort, this next top is more your style! With five pockets you’ll never run out of storage room. You’re sure to find your fit!
Solids aren’t your swag? Don’t worry we’ve got you covered! Turn into a superhero for the day with this Cherokee Superman top.
Love soft fabric and style? This Grey’s Anatomy’s Active V-Neck top will fit your needs. Freshen up this top by pairing it with Indigo or Black pants to vary up your look.
Finally, this Cherokee Tooniforms Looney Tunes print top is a crowd pleaser for all those men who are still young at heart! This top has a nice clean black background and pockets galore.
We hope all of our men in scrubs stay healthy and dressed in comfort! What is your favorite men’s top? If you have any suggestions as far as a particular color, print, or style please comment below and give us your feedback!