If giving back was one of your New Year’s resolutions, then good news, the month of January is recognized as National Blood Donor Month by the American Red Cross. This month celebrates blood donations and recognizes the lifesaving contribution of blood and platelet donors. We are encouraging those who can, to roll up a sleeve and give this month and throughout the new year.
As many healthcare professionals know, the lifesaving missions couldn’t go on without blood donors. Here are some blood facts to share with family, friends, and even patients.
- Every two seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood, around 4.5 million Americans will a need blood transfusion each year.
- Approximately 36,000 units of red blood cells are needed every day in the U.S.
- About one in seven people entering a hospital need blood.
- Donated blood expires in 42 days.
- Blood shortages happen most during the holidays.
Facts About Donating Blood
- Donating blood is good for your heart.
- Donating blood lowers your cancer risks.
- Donating blood burns calories.
How Each of Us Can Help
1. Donate your blood, you can about every 2 months.
2. Encourage others to donate.
3. Gather your friends, neighbors, office, and organize a blood drive.
4. Volunteer at Blood Drives, as skilled healthcare professionals, you could always donate your time and help at blood drives.
For more information on donating blood, visit the American Red Cross. Spread the word about National Blood Donor Month!
2017 is coming to a close. It’s out with the old and in with the new (scrubs, that is)! It is time to organize your closet and replace those oldies with some new goodies. Luckily, we have tons of new arrivals and awesome ways to repurpose those old scrubs.
Let’s all ring in 2018 with a new *and improved* scrub wardrobe.
1. Cheers to a new year and new UA prints
2. Skechers aren’t just for your feet anymore, the newest Skechers scrubs by Barco have a modern fit, made with sustainable recycled fabrics, and 4-way spandex stretch.
3. Introducing koi Basics another new collection! This line includes moisture-wicking fabric with 4-way stretch and easy care.
We’re thrilled to announce that our scrubs tops have made it to the big screen this year. UA Scrubs have been featured elsewhere on TV but one of their biggest debuts yet will be in the new feature film, Pitch Perfect 3 that comes out in theaters December 22nd! You will find our UA on the Farm White Print Top worn below by Brittany Snow! (Being in the veterinary field doesn’t mean you’re always cuddling with cute animals).
Take 2, if you’re as hooked on ABC’s Dedicated Survivor as we are, you probably haven’t missed an episode. In the winter finale, a nurse walking Mr. President, Tom Kirkman himself through the hospital, is sporting one of our festive Dickies holiday prints.
Have you seen our scrubs elsewhere? Let us know in the comments!