February is American Heart Month and with its arrival it’s time to focus on our hearts in more ways than one. With heart disease being a leading cause of death in the United States, credited for 1 in 4 deaths each year, it is important we all take the necessary steps to lower our risk and live a heart healthy life. With small lifestyle changes, raising awareness, donating, and volunteering, we can all do our part in taking care of our hearts and looking out for others.
By the Numbers
According to the CDC, cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death for both and women, as well as most racial and ethnic groups. Even more alarming, it claims a life every 36 seconds in the United States, meaning about 655,000 people die each year from what is considered by most health experts a largely preventable disease. Almost 50% of the adults in the United States live with cardiovascular disease, and without increasing education and awareness on the matter, that number will likely grow.
While it may seem overwhelming, the truth is, small lifestyle changes can make all the difference in preventing heart disease. Here are some adjustments you can make today that will put you on the path to a heart healthy lifestyle.
- Exercise More – 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week is all you need, but even if you’re short on time, any exercise is better than no exercise at all. If you’re bored of routine exercises, mix it up by taking a dance class, playing a sport, or opting for a staircase instead of an elevator. You’ll feel great and your body will thank you for it.
- Eat Healthier Foods – Choose healthier food options that are low in fat and sodium. Try to also avoid sugary drinks and snacks, and incorporate more vegetables, fruit, and whole grains into your diet.
- Learn Your Family’s History – Know your family’s medical history and see if you’re prone to heart disease and other ailments.
- Adopt a Stress-Free Lifestyle – Learn some stress management techniques (Try Yoga!) and place a greater importance on making sure you get enough sleep each night.
- Take the Extra Steps – Get routine wellness exams so your doctor can identify any issues before it’s too late. Keep excess weight off to lower your risk for chronic medical conditions. Quit smoking to help protect your heart and blood vessels.
You can help bring awareness to this preventable disease by participating in National Wear Red Day on February 5th. Talking to friends and family (and even strangers) about lowering their risk can also go a long way in combatting heart disease. Educating others on the signs, symptoms, and preventative measures they can take could be the difference between life and death and it may end up saving someone they love.
Donate & Volunteer
By donating to the American Heart Association, you can help fund the research that goes into helping diagnose, treat, and prevent heart disease. You can also volunteer and become an advocate for a heart healthy lifestyle in your community. You might even be considered a hero!
Stock up on Red
Stock up on red scrubs so you’ll be ready for both National Wear Red Day and Valentine’s Day! We’ve got a large selection to choose from and they’re easy to find with shop by color, so you’re sure to find a style you love. Here’s a look to give you some inspiration!
Equipped with two front double pockets and pen slots, this fashion-forward Keyhole Neck Top from Butter-Soft will elevate your scrub style. Made of a brushed 65/35 poly combed/cotton blend, you’ll look and feel good in this top.
Add even more style (and storage) to your look with these front crossover waist scrub pants that will bring superior softness and comfort to the longest of shifts.
Bring it altogether and stay warm during your shift with this Ladies Warm-Up Jacket from Butter-Soft with all the details and features to support you no matter what your work day brings.
Don’t forget to show us your new outfit by tagging us on Instagram @UniformAdvantage and use #adayinredscrubs!
2020 was a year filled with many surprises and challenges. It is time to turn over a new leaf for 2021 with some good vibrations. Colorful spring scrubs mixed with a cheerful attitude will make you look good and feel even better. Uniform Advantage has found a fun and creative way to make you feel better about your next shift around the corner. Our newest scrub trend, “Good Vibes,” is a fashionable way to brighten up your mood and busy workday. Check out our must-have nursing scrubs and accessories sure to bring cheer to your workday.
- The Color Me Wild Top features a contemporary fit and new color Pink Dream trim on a rounded v-neckline and sleeve hem. Additional details include front and back princess seams, back yoke, double needle stitching detail throughout, slightly rounded hemline and Pink Dream and Sunny Vibe double stripe on the sleeves. You will also find Pink Dream contrast side panels, front vent slits for added comfort and mobility and 2 inch seam front pockets for storage.
- The heartsoul Good Vibes Shaped V-Neck scrub Top features piping on rounded stylized V-neckline, angled back yoke with signature rainbow ombre inset at center back neck, and front and back princess seams. For an extra touch of sunshine you will find a signature rainbow ombre trim inside sleeve hem, slightly rounded hemline, signature rainbow ombre gussets on zippered side slits and 2 angled front patch pockets.
- The Zavate Ava Therese V-Neck Print Scrub Top Wild & Bright features a self banded crossover v-neckline, half moon seam back of neck, double needle stitch front and back princess seams. For added comfort and storage you will find a slightly rounded hem, side slits and 2 angled top loading front pockets.
- The heartsoul Good Vibes Drawstring Scrub Pants features a mid-rise, tapered leg design and a full elastic waistband with a signature rainbow ombre drawstring. With a rib knit inset dyed to match for core colors and contrast for fashion colors. The signature rainbow ombre inner waist inset, inside ankle vents and 8 pockets; 2 front scooped pockets, 2 back patch pockets, 1 cargo pocket with signature rainbow ombre strap. Including a pink utility clip on left and 1 triple cargo pocket on right.
- The Cherokee Infinity Rib Knit Waistband Cargo Scrub Pants feature a mid-rise with tapered legs, double waistband detail with logo elastic and rib knit. For storage, it has six pockets: two front angled welt pockets, one cargo pocket on the right with zipper closure, one cargo pocket on the left and two back pockets. For additional ease of mobility you will find ankle vents. Fabric is 95/5 poly poplin/spandex with Certainty® antimicrobial fabric technology* to reduce the bacteria that causes odors.
- The heartsoul Break On Through “Heart Breaker” low-rise flare-leg pants feature a raised heartsoul logo elastic all around the waist and a functional drawstring with a pink bungee loop on the left side of the waistband. For storage, there are 4 pockets: 2 rounded patch pockets, a small welt pocket on the right side with pink bar tacks and a rounded back pocket. For ease of mobility, there are bottom hem vents.
- The Cutieful Sweethearts Wide Calf Knit Compression Socks feature ultra soft fabric and 10-18 mmHg graduated compression. Made of 95/5 nylon/spandex.
- The Prestige Purple & Blue Ombre Soft Compression Socks feature 15-20 mmHg compression and have a length of 12″. Fabric content is 77/15/8 poly/nylon/lycra spandex.
- The Nurse Mates Ombre Aruba Turquoise Compression Socks feature 12-14 mmHg graduated compression with a comfort welt top band, heel and toe pockets. Fabric is made up of 87/13 nylon/spandex.
- koi Electric Blue/ Navy Ombre Fashion Mask is lightweight, comfortable and moisture wicking. Fabric content is 64/33/3 Coolplus®/Meryl® Skinlife/lycra, ear loops are 100% nylon.
- The koi Mulberry/Grape Ombre Utility Bag features a detachable shoulder strap that adjusts to 45″ and a 5 1/2″ handle strap. For storage, there are 2 front pockets and a back zipper pocket. Dimensions are 13 1/4″ w x 10 1/2″ h x 6 1/2″ d.
- The koi Smiley Face Shaker Badge Reel features a button-snap with koi logo. This adorable badge reel with retractable cord and glitter is a stylish way to display your ID.
The Good Vibes trend is more than a mood, it’s a lifestyle; positivity, feeling great and looking the part. Somewhere wonderfully placed between pastel and bright; these nursing scrubs come in an arrays of pinks, yellows, mints and rainbow to bring cheer and happiness. Attention to detail in the drawstrings, sleeve cuffs, ankle vents and more make it irresistible to not love the Good Vibes trend. Bring in 2021 with peace and love and the cutest scrubs ever. Get covered in Good Vibes from head-to toe at Uniform Advantage.
*Garments featuring antimicrobial fabric technology do not protect users or others against bacteria, viruses, or other disease organisms. Always follow all best practices for infection prevention.
At Uniform Advantage, we’re ringing in the new season with new colors from some of our favorite collections. We have a variety of bright colors available in different scrub tops and scrub pants that will compliment your style. Re-invent your wardrobe with color this year and check out these amazing scrubs!
Want to feel green and serene in 2021? Look no further than Water Mint from our Butter-Soft STRETCH collection. This cool toned, minty green color will definitely add some calm to your wardrobe. Enjoy different combinations of Water Mint in styles like the UA Butter-Soft STRETCH Scrubs Active Rounded V-Neck Top and the UA Butter-Soft STRETCH Scrubs Active Color Block Top.
Feel groovy in new color Apricot Cream from our exclusive Butter-Soft Originals collection. This bright new color will add some fun to your wardrobe and is available in solid tops, pants, print tops, and even scrub skirts. Upgrade your classic look with our Butter-Soft Jogger Cargo scrub pants and Butter-Soft Rounded V-Neck 4-Pocket Top.
If you love dreamy shades of purple, Wisteria is the color for you. This new koi Lite color is bright, yet delicate, and will make you feel like royalty! Look regal as you work in the koi Lite™ Scrubs Philosophy Mock Wrap Side Zipper Scrub Top and the koi Lite™ Scrubs Women’s Peace Drawstring Waist Slim Fit Pants.
If you love hues of Blue, then Blue Sky is a great option for you! Wearing this fresh color from the Grey’s Anatomy Spandex STRETCH collection will make you feel like you’re spending a day at the beach. Don’t miss out on getting this color or you will be feeling blue! Check out styles Grey’s Anatomy Spandex STRETCH Mock Wrap Scrub Top and Grey’s Anatomy Spandex STRETCH Cargo Scrub Pants before they’re gone!
Blossom and bloom in Grey’s Anatomy Orchid Bouquet! This gorgeous light shade will make you feel as delicate as a beautiful bouquet of flowers. We’re sure you’ll love wearing this color with the Grey’s Anatomy Scrubs Active Modern Fit 3 Pocket Color Block Top and the Grey’s Anatomy Modern Fit Knit Waistband Mesh Trim Drawstring Scrub Pant.
Look cool in Sea Glass from the Grey’s Anatomy Impact collection. Sea Glass is a darker shade of green that makes a great impression! Check out Sea Glass in the Grey’s Anatomy™ Impact Harmony V-Neck Scrub Top and the Grey’s Anatomy Impact Women’s Melody Mid-rise Drawstring Waist Scrub Pant.
Which new colors are your favorite? Show us how you rock them by tagging @uniformadvantage and using #adayinscrubs!