This time of year is hectic for everyone but even more so when you’re working long shifts taking care of others. So we’ve decided to gather our favorite holiday recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, that are simple and quick to prepare and cook. All of the recipes have a combined prep and cook time under 40 minutes! You can make them for your holiday potlucks, parties, or during your shifts. We hope these recipes make your holidays a bit brighter, tastier and give you more time to spend with your loved ones.
1. Breakfast Banana Split: A perfect way to pretend you are eating ice cream for breakfast. This healthy recipe can be easily taken on the go by putting it in a mason jar or to-go container.
2. Gingerbread Waffles: Who doesn’t like waffles in the morning? Add some gingerbread to make your breakfast more festive.
3. Eggnog Monte Cristos: Use that leftover eggnog to make delicious bite size sandwiches for lunch and top them with cranberry sauce.
4. Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup with Chicken: Warm up this winter with soup, easy to make and great on-the-go or for leftovers.
5. Gluten-Free Cauliflower Mac and Cheese: Indulge in the comfort food you are craving without any guilt. You and your guests won’t believe it’s not macaroni.
6. Hanger Steaks with Ginger-Cranberry Sauce: Steaks and cranberry sauce, need I say more? The delicious dinner you want, without the hassle.
7. Honey-Glazed Almonds: This recipe will not disappoint. Make a little extra and take some as an excellent snack during your shift.
8. Easy Cheese Ball: This is a crowd pleaser for any holiday party or gathering you will be attending. It serves a lot of people and we all love a little snack before dinner.
Make sure to check out our site for all of our end of the year deals. A special thank you to all of the medical professionals who are taking care of others this holiday season instead of being at home with your families, we appreciate you!
The past couple of months here at UA have been exciting! We’ve had events and news stirring around. So here is the inside scoop on one of the biggest milestones for our company. On October 21st, Florida Governor Rick Scott visited us, toured our new corporate office in Downtown Fort Lauderdale and participated in our new headquarter’s ribbon-cutting ceremony.
Governor Rick Scott was not our only esteemed guest of the day. We also had the pleasure of meeting and hosting the following prominent guests:
- Lieutenant Governor – Carlos Lopez-Cantera
- Executive Director for the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity – Cissy Proctor
- Vice Mayor of Fort Lauderdale – Dean Trantalis
- CEO of the Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance (GFLA) – Bob Swindell
All of the people listed above along with various community leaders, and alliance members, toured our new headquarters and spoke with UA employees.
After participating in the ribbon cutting ceremony, Lt. Governor Carlos Lopez-Cantera and Governor Rick Scott announced the job numbers for the state of Florida to UA employees. They also celebrated how many jobs have been created here at UA!
At the start of 2016, we predicted to create 50 new jobs by the end of 2018. Now nearing the end of the year, we have already created 43 new jobs and most certainly will create more jobs than forecasted in the upcoming years. Lieutenant Governor Carlos Lopez-Cantera applauded UA and said, “This is a great company and it’s another example of how here in Florida, we prioritize jobs because jobs help families.”
Governor Scott also had kind words to say, “This would be an unbelievable company to work for, if you look at all the energy and all the talent in this room, this is a good place to work. Businesses like Uniform Advantage are continuing to invest in Florida and create new opportunities for families in South Florida.”
We all truly felt honored to have such support from the Governor’s office, the city of Fort Lauderdale, and the Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance. All of whom helped celebrate our new job creation, success, and corporate relocation.
Thank you for another successful year, don’t miss out on all of our sales going on now!
We know it is difficult to find the time and get in the holiday spirit when you work long tiring shifts. The holiday season is hectic for everyone but to make it easier on you, we’ve compiled some quick and simple ways to get in the spirit and spread that holiday cheer! These great ideas can be used whether you work in a hospital, doctor’s office, veterinary clinic, retirement center or anywhere else!
1. Decorate Your Office: There is no time like the holidays to get creative and decorate your space to make it fun and festive! You can tweak your holiday decorations to make it more in-line with your workplace.
2. Brighten Up Your Scrubs: Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered, we have the best winter scrubs just for those who listen to Christmas songs all December long. These festive scrubs will have everyone singing along to your favorite Christmas carols.
3. Bake Holiday Treats: There is nothing that says the holidays quite like good food and yummy treats. Check out a few of our favorite holiday desserts that are ridiculously cute and really easy to make.
4. DIY Christmas Gifts: Spread your holiday cheer by showing your appreciation to your patients or your co-workers with some simple, festive, and awesome gifts. These aren’t time-consuming and can be used for anyone and everyone. Plus, these DIYs will save you some money during this pricey season.
5. Enjoy a Hot Drink: Baby it’s cold outside, so on your day off stay inside, light the fireplace, and treat yourself to your favorite hot holiday drink. Below are a few of our favorites. What is your go-to warm winter beverage?
What is your favorite way to get in the holiday mood? Comment below and let us know! Feel free to share a recipe, gift ideas, or pictures of your decorations!