This year the American Nurses Association chose the perfect theme for National Nurses Week: “Working Today for a Healthier Tomorrow.” In a nutshell, this motto describes what nurses do for us every day. Even when they’re not wearing their scrubs, nurses are caring for those around them. From helping the needy to nurturing the ill to healing the hurt, nurses work hard to make our world a happier and healthier place. So this Nurses Week let’s celebrate everything they do for us! Below are some suggestions we have for celebrating National Nurses Week 2010. Please feel free to comment with some of your great ideas!
- Thank you card. A simple handwritten thank you note or card that is personalized for a nurse or nurses who have had an impact on your life is always a meaningful gesture.
- Make a cake. Cakes aren’t just for birthdays…they’re for celebrating too! Celebrate with nurses this year by baking their favorite cake.
- Bring in healthy snacks to the medical office. Since the theme this year for Nurses Week is geared towards health, why not share some healthy snacks? Veggies, fruits, whole grains…anything you can think of that everyone would enjoy.
- Donate. Donate to a local charity or hospital…any amount small or large will benefit others.
- Wear scrubs to work. If you have to wear medical uniforms already, this may not present a challenge, but if you don’t have to wear scrubs every day, why not wear them some time this week! Wearing scrubs can help show nurses that you are thinking about them and all they do.
As winter slowly drew on, most of us suffered from the epic movie-turned-infamously coined phrase “Spring Fever.” On the cusp of spring, we were eager to trade in bitter cold, lifeless trees, and grey days for the relief of warmer weather, new plant and animal life, and sun-lit, blue skies.
Fast forward a little over a month. Now, it’s the beginning of May, and spring fever is long forgotten. We can finally enjoy some of our favorite things that are welcomed in by the onset of spring. And we aren’t just talking about perfect weather, green landscapes, colorful flowers, new gardens, baseball, and the beach. At UA, we also love spring because—you guessed it—spring style! So pull out those sundresses, shorts, and medical uniforms you’ve been dying to wear!
Below you can find images of some of our favorite prints scrubs this spring. Just hop onto the web and peruse our site to find even more great prints!
UA Women’s Sea Life Print Top
Style # PC62SLW ——->
UA Women’s Busy Bee Print Top
Style # PC62BUS
UA Women’s Oodles of Poodles Print Top
Style # UA24OPW ——–>
UA Women’s Flag Print Top
Style # PC62FLA
UA Women’s Swiling Stars Print Top
Style # PC62SWI ———->
Print Scrubs are great way to add some color and personality to any uniform. For a compete selection of our new prints please checkout our Print Scrubs department.
*Please add $2 for 2X & 3X
Relax. Even saying the word triggers the “ah” feeling we all get when we give ourselves the opportunity to simply relax. And, as we all can attest to it, one of the best times of day to relax is after a long day at work.
When it comes down to finding the perfect solution on how to unwind, we decided to ask a group of people here at UA and our Facebook friends and fans to talk about what they enjoy doing after a long day at work. The results? Well, it was obvious from the beginning…there is an incredible number of ways to help unwind after work. With so many unique responses, we felt sharing them all could help inspire others. We hope that with the list below you can find some new ideas to try at home!
Here is a list of what several of us at UA enjoy doing:
- Go to the gym
- Try a new recipe…then eat it!
- Play Scrabble
- Sit outside and simply enjoy the fresh air
- Get straight out of my medical scrubs and put on something comfy
- Have a glass of my favorite beverage
- Take a bubble bath with lavender or jasmine oil
- Light scented candles even while watching TV…the scent alone can be relaxing
- Enjoying my TV guilty pleasures
- Get into a good book
- Dinner and a movie with friends
- People watch
- Catch up with an old friend
- Take a walk
When we asked our Facebook friends and fans, here is what they said:
- Shower, put dinner on, then sit in front of the TV or computer
- Take a nice walk outside
- Read a good book
- Take my dogs out for a walk
- Play tennis
- Listen to music
So, after browsing through our list, is there anything you’d like to add or suggest? Please feel free to comment…we’d love to hear your feedback (or try it)!