Happy Friday slash Weekend slash Earth Day everyone!
In recognition of Earth Day and all things going green, we’ve put together a short list of ways you can start saving on energy at home and ways to help save the environment.
- Unplug electronics while you’re not using them or plug them into a power strip. (Did you know that 75% of the energy consumed by your home electronics is actually done so while they are turned off?)
- Cool down with a fan. (Especially during those scorching Summer months.)
- Use warm or cold water when washing you scrubs. (Hot water can get increase your water bill–by a lot!)
- Trade out your incandescent bulbs for fluorescent ones. (Fluorescent lights use a lot less energy and last much longer than incandescent bulbs.)
- Bring your own bags to retailers…including grocery stores. (No more plastic bags…which actually have BPA in them.)
- Pay your bills online. (Not only will you save yourself from an overflowing mailbox, but you’ll also be saving trees!)
Check out how UA has been goign green with our Advantage Earth program!
Out of 21 contestants (including our loyal Facebook commenters), we randomly chose two comments to win the Uniform Advantage $10 e-gift card. So…congratulations to Bridgett Harvey and Amanda Beckett! Someone from Uniform Advantage should be contacting you soon with prize details.
Can’t wait for our next Win-It Wednesday Contest!
Think Easter Egg Hunt but for grown ups…today’s Win-It Wednesday Contest is a not hunt for eggs but a hunt for a print!
Below is a close up image of one of the prints on our site…can you guess which print it is? Comment below and tell us your answer! And because one print often comes in several different styles, you only need to tell us the name of the print. For example, the name of the print located here is “Berry Sweet.”
Which print am I?
Tomorrow (Thursday) at 9 am EST, we will randomly choose two winners to receive a $10 e-gift card for Uniform Advantage! So start hunting, find the answer and comment below. Don’t forget to check back on our blog tomorrow to see who won! I will make sure to put a new post up announcing the winners.
Hint: you can start searching for the print on our Women’s Tops page!