National Wear Red Day
February is here and there isn’t a month more fitting for American Heart Month and bringing awareness to heart disease. More than 48% of adults in the U.S. live with cardiovascular disease and nearly 650,000 people die from it each year. That’s one person every 37 seconds and 1 out of every 4 deaths. With so many dying at such an alarming rate, there’s no better time than the present to raise awareness for cardiovascular disease. Join us on February 7th (and all month long), by wearing red for National Wear Red Day to help educate those around us on the perils of heart disease.
Ways to Prevent Heart Disease:
- Choose healthier food options
- Exercise daily or try to be physically active throughout your day
- Know your family’s medical history and if you’re prone to heart disease
- Try and lead a stress-free lifestyle and learn stress management techniques
- Get routine wellness exams
Ways to Make a Difference:
- Wear red on National Wear Red Day, Feb. 7th, and throughout the month of February (it’ll pair well with your Valentine’s Day attire!)
- Educate others on the signs, symptoms and way to prevent heart disease
- Learn and be ready to perform CPR
- Donate to the American Heart Association (& Volunteer too!)
Stock up on your red scrubs and more to support American Heart Month with the many brands and styles we offer!
Show us your red scrubs by tagging us @uniformadvantage on Instagram and using #adayinredscrubs!