UA CARES: ALZHEIMER’S AND BRAIN AWARENESS MONTH
Imagine that every day, you live moment to moment. Each moment is fleeting through a schedule – a routine. Imagine that any break of that routine completely disrupts your function. It could be a shower at a different time, a doctor’s appointment or a visit from a family member. Friends and family become strangers, music becomes sharp, food becomes unpleasant, a bath becomes torture.
This is life for individuals with Alzheimer’s Disease.
These individuals lose more than their memories. They lose their language, personality, memories, and overall function as it slowly, gradually progresses.
June is Alzheimer’s and Brain Awareness Month. Join us this month to raise awareness and increase understanding of this degenerative brain disease.
- Alzheimer’s Disease is the 6th leading cause of death in the United States.
- 7 Million Americans are living with Alzheimer’s – By 2050, this number is projected to rise to nearly 14 Million.
- 1 in 3 seniors dies with Alzheimer’s or another dementia – it kills more than breast cancer and prostate cancer combined.
- In 2018, Alzheimer’s and other dementias will cost the national $277 Billion – by 2050, these costs could rise as high as $1.1 Trillion.
How can you help?
- Take the Purple Pledge
- Become an advocate
- Inform yourself, tell a friend, spread awareness
Shop Awareness Scrubs at Uniform Advantage