Try a Memorial Day Staycation!
According to AAA, there is going to be a steep decline in air travel this Memorial Day weekend, down 8% from last year as a result of economic concerns. If jet-setting away to an island isn’t in the cards this year, we want to help you make the most of your long weekend! A popular trend in the last few years is doing a “staycation”, where family and friends participate in day trips and fun activities that are still within driving distance. Here are a few ideas that you can use for inspiration this coming holiday weekend. Just make sure you leave the household chores, errands, and work emails behind as if you were actually 1,000 miles away!
- Set up a tent in your backyard for you and your family to camp, just don’t forget the fire pit as no camping trip is complete without S’mores! Make it a game to see who can last the longest without going inside the house (you are in the wilderness after all!)
- Find local festivals in your area where you and you crew can enjoy good food, music, and hopefully some patriotic fireworks! Use Festivals.com or your local newspaper to help you locate all of the ones nearby.
- If it’s an adults-only night, throw a backyard BBQ party complete with red, white, and blue cocktails.
- Get a group to go on a biking excursion on a nearby trail; just don’t forget to pack your picnic lunch!
- If your holiday weekend involves a shift or two at work, make the best of it with one of our just reduced patriotic holiday scrub tops (perfect for 4th of July and Labor Day too!)
Let us know if you have any favorite “staycation” trips or activities of your own that we may have missed!