Keep the Stress in Check This Holiday Season
Let’s not forget…the holidays are supposed to be a break to relax and enjoy time with friends and family. But with (seemingly) endless errands to run, gifts to buy, dishes to prepare, and lights to light break can quickly become breakdown. We’ve compiled tips to de-stress from several sources, and would love if you shared your own!
1. Just say no. Take a deep breath, prioritize which events or commitments are most important to you, be realistic and remind yourself there’s only so much time (and sanity!)
2. Give back. Whether its volunteering or donating to a toy or food drive, helping those in need will have a positive effect on your holiday outlook (and sets a great example for toy-crazed kids)
3. Let it out. There’s power in numbers…do your present or grocery shopping with a friend and vent, after shopping treat yourselves to a soothing cup of green tea or a peppermint stick.
4. Reign in the sugar. Fluctuating sugar levels can make you depressed and bloated (and even more anxious over weight gain when the time comes to make those resolutions!)
5. Don’t forget “me”. While you’re out grabbing gifts to impress for those around you, get something small for yourself that will help alleviate stress—think holiday scented candles, a new book, or bubble bath to keep calm.
6. Keep the focus. These are holiday memories in the making, so slow down and laugh with the people around you!