Better Breakfast Month…don’t forget to eat your breakfast!
Mmmm….September is Better Breakfast Month! Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day: it helps curb mid-morning cravings and give you energy! So if you’re a breakfast-skipper, think twice! Start this month and give your body the morning energy that it needs. I asked around the office to find out what kind of “healthy” breakfasts UA employees enjoy in the morning, and here are some of the most popular answers (hopefully to give you ideas too!):
- whole grain cereal with berries and yogurt
- egg whites on whole wheat bread
- rye toast with a banana
- steel oats or oald fashion oats for oatmeal
- Special K with sliced bananas
- turkey bacon and egg whites with green peppers
- fruit-filled smoothies: low fat vanilla yogurt, frozen banana, orange juice and some type of berry
- oatmeal with a little cinnamon and Splenda
- egg whites with a piece of wheat toast and raspberry jam
What did you have for breakfast this morning?