Eat this, not that? Find out what’s healthier…
In this month’s issue, Shape confronts question thats on everyone’s mind when choosing a snack or meal option. What’s healthier? Below are a handful of food comparisons from Shape Magzine’s “What’s Healthier” article (you can find more in their article available online…but if you’re not interested in the details and just want to know the answer and only the answer, read on). I insterted my own comments in italics for fun…
1. Glazed Doughnut or Bagel with Cream Cheese? DOUGHNUTS.
Pass the fried dough a-la-icing!
2. French Toast or Pancakes? FRENCH TOAST.
See you flat and round, hello fluffy and square.
3. Potato Skins (with bacon) or Chicken Fingers? CHICKEN FINGERS.
Pass the fingers, I don’t want any skin.
4. Nuts or Dried Fruit? NUTS.
I’m guessing fresh fruit would be the best option overall.
5. Smoothie or Cereal with Fruit? CEREAL.
Cereal it is (I hope Captain Crunch and Frosted Flakes count)! But you can go for a smoothie if you make it with yogurt, fruit or nonfat milk.
6. Chicken Caesar Salad or Grilled Chicken Sandwich? GRILLED CHICKEN SANDWICH.
Caesar dressing has all the fat and cals, plus croutons and cheese…stay away!
7. Chicken Thighs or Pork Chop? PORK CHOP.
This answer was actually a big shocker to me.
8. Soft Pretzel or Hotdog? SOFT PRETZEL.
Yay! It’s the Soft Pretzel…just dust off some of that extra marble sized salt and it’s even better for you.
Hope you found these suggestions useful!
Happy Healthy Eating,