Uniform Advantage (UA) is proud to partner with the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) to help give graduate students an opportunity to further their master’s or doctoral degree in nursing through the Uniform Advantage-GNSA Scholarship Fund. AACN has formed the Graduate Nursing Student Academy (GNSA) to provide free programs, services and resources to nursing students enrolled in master’s and doctoral programs that meet their professional development needs.
UA believes strongly in giving back to their communities and this graduate scholarship will allow students to be the next change agents and healthcare collaborators to impact a dynamic and complex healthcare industry. They will deliver advanced direct patient care, conduct research, be teachers, influence public policy, lead health systems, consult with corporations and implement evidence-based solutions that will transform healthcare. Two scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $2,500 to one winner in the fall and spring semesters. The deadline for the fall semester is September 30th, 2014 and January 31st, 2015 for the spring semester. For more information on entering the scholarship, please click here: http://www.aacn.nche.edu/students/gnsa/ua-scholarship
About The American Association of Colleges of Nursing
The American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) is the national voice for baccalaureate and graduate programs in nursing. Representing more than 750 schools of nursing nationwide, AACN works to establish quality standards for professional nursing programs, influence the nursing profession to improve health care, and promote public support for professional nursing education, research, and practice. AACN is the authoritative source for the latest data and information related to innovations in nursing education, careers in nursing, federal advocacy on behalf of nursing education, diversity initiatives in nursing education, nursing-level quality improvement efforts, and new developments in the field. For more information, visit www.aacn.nche.edu.
The Need for Graduate-Prepared Nurses
- With the passage of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act in 2010, more than 32 million Americans will gain access to healthcare services, including those provided by RNs and Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRNs).
- This provides a huge demand for highly skilled providers to fill established and emerging roles that allow nurses to focus on a variety of practice areas, such as adult and family health, geriatrics, pediatrics, public health, administration, informatics, forensics, systems improvement, and genetics/genomics.
- Graduate students will enjoy more opportunities to impact the overall design and implementation of care including higher salaries.
- Healthcare positions in high demand include :
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses
- Clinical Nurse Leaders
- Nurse Managers
- Nurse Administrators
- Nurse Educators
- Health Policy Consultants
- Nurse Researchers
- Specialist Roles like Forensics, Case Management, School Nursing and Genetics/Genomics
- Healthcare Administrator
Please spread the word about our graduate scholarship to someone you may know in need of financial assistance. Deadline for the Fall Semester is September 30th, 2014 and January 31st, 2015 for the Spring Semester.
For more information on entering the scholarship, please click here: http://www.aacn.nche.edu/students/gnsa/ua-scholarship
How has a scholarship helped you to achieve your dreams? We would love to hear your testimonies!