Are you a fan of travel? Do you also enjoy your nursing profession? Well, a career in travel nursing is exactly as it sounds: you travel the country as a nurse! As a travel nurse, you aid healthcare facilities that have employee shortages. For example, if a hospital’s top RN in Chicago had to take maternity leave, you would fill her spot until she returns. Each term with the healthcare facility typically lasts around 13 weeks, according to Nurse Together. To search for a job opportunity in the country, travel nurses typically search online for hospitals that are short-staffed in any city of their choice. Recruiting agencies and travel nursing companies serve as the middle man in this scenario, assisting nurses with getting the job and settling down in their city by providing help with locating a home, providing utilities, and getting cable and internet.
In addition to the agencies helping you out along the way, there are plenty of other benefits to this unique nursing career. Most RNs who choose to be traveling nurses have a flexible living situation; they’re typically young, excited about the prospect of travel, and don’t have many obligations holding them down in their original home. This career is ideal for those who are looking to move to a new city! By trying out different locations across the country, you can truly get a feel for the place before you commit. According to a survey conducted by Onward Healthcare, one of the best parts of this career is the elevated, median $80,000 salary. A truly immersive experience, travel nursing allows RNs to create a broad network of professional contacts who can show them new techniques and methods.
Would you ever consider travel nursing as a career option? Let us know what you think!
Memorial Day is the day that we remember and honor those who have lost their lives while serving in the United States Armed Forces. Though we’ve been celebrating Memorial Day for almost 150 years in this country, the spirit of the holiday remains the same even today. However, the way in which we celebrate has certainly changed over the years. Where it began a sad, mourning holiday, it has grown into a celebration of life, a time to be with our loved ones and honor those lost.
Everyone is talking about their Memorial Day plans to vacation, bbq, or just relax. Unfortunately, not everyone is able to take time off from being a superhero, like so many of you in the healthcare industry! Just because you may have to work, doesn’t mean you can’t still partake in Memorial Day cravings. For those with crazy hours or barely enough time to each lunch, take some quick snacks for you and your work family to enjoy this Memorial Day weekend with some red, white & blue themed treats.
Here is a list of 5 Quick and Easy ones that will get you started:
- I pledge allegiance to the flag – All you need is a platter, grab some Blueberries, yogurt pretzels and cut up strawberries and be the center of attention with this delightful, healthy, and Memorial Day themed treat for your entire floor!
- Dip baby dip – Dip the most delicious berry in melted milk, dark, or white chocolate and toss on star shaped sprinkles. However, you don’t have to get fancy…even if you put chocolate on the side with a container of sprinkles and strawberries, it would still be a hit!
- Mocktails are better than cocktails – We know this is for work, so it can’t be a true cocktail…but flavored juices, whether freshly made or not, can cool you down when your shift gets too much to handle. Make up some fun names or use red, white and blue cups!
- The rockets’ red glare – Pack up some twizzlers that look like rockets and lay them out in grabbing reach…add some black licorice pieces to give it a kick!
- Bright stars thru the perilous fight – If you want to stick with some of the healthier choices, this easy cut-out technique will leave everyone in awe. Try using a star cookie cutter with all types of fruit like pineapple, cantaloupe, watermelon…etc! This is also is a great way to get your kids to eat fruits!
Hopefully, some of these will inspire your own creations. You can’t bring in red, white & blue themed treats without dressing the part! Make sure you sport your red, white & blue Uniform Advantage scrubs, or some of our fun holiday prints.
We would love to see some of your red, white & blue creations! Send us pictures, links, recipes…whatever you have, we’d love to see it and share it.