On Saturday October 31st, Team Uniform Advantage attended the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk.
Throughout the month of October, UA worked hard to raise funds to donate to the American Cancer Society.
Through our fundraising events we were able to raise a total of $1,205.95.
In addition to that, UA matched dollar for dollar the amount raised, and also contributed an additional $1 for every new Facebook like on our company page, and $1 for every new Instagram follower in the month of October.
Our team goal was $5,000 and we demolished that goal with a grand total of…………… $7,340.90!! Our Best year Yet for the last 7 years!
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU to our employees, customers and social media followers! You guys Rock!
We are looking forward to what we can do next year! #teamUA
Breaking news! Exciting, incredible news!
Kelley Johnson, registered nurse and Miss Colorado 2015 and 2nd runner up to Miss America will be here at our Headquarters in Fort Lauderdale, Florida this week!
Arguably the most recognizable face in nursing today, Kelley brought national attention to nurses everywhere. We are over the moon excited to spend time with Kelley! We were blown away by her monologue at the Miss America pageant and we share Kelley’s sentiment that nursing is all about loving and caring for patients. Nurses go ALL out for their patients!
Here’s some insight into Kelley’s World:
- Kelley was born in Fort Collins, Colorado.
- Kelley graduated Summa Cum Laude from Nursing School at Grand View University, where she was also a collegiate athlete and valedictorian.
- She hopes to obtain a Doctorate in Nursing Practice.
- Kelley is 6’ 1” Tall. (WOW!)
- She has 2 older sisters.
- Kelley used to be a volley ball player.
- While a student at Grand View University in Des Moines, Iowa, Johnson won the Miss Liberty 2014 title.
- She wanted to be Miss Colorado since she was a little girl. (Dreams do come true!)
- Johnson was crowned Miss Northern Colorado 2015 and went on to be crowned Miss Colorado 2015.
- At the Miss America Pageant in September 2015, in the interview portion, she was asked what woman should appear on the ten-dollar bill and answered “Ellen Degeneres.”
- She chose to do the monologue for her talent portion for Miss America because she wanted to showcase her talent as a nurse and give nurses a voice as many people do not understand the range of what they do.
- Kelley is passionate about supporting organizations like Children’s Miracle Network Hospital, Global Down Syndrome Foundation, Boys and Girls clubs and Junior League.
- She loves kids and helping them out!
- Kelley’s year as Miss Colorado has included appearances on the Ellen Show, Dr. Oz, The Doctors and speaking engagements across our country.
- As Miss Colorado, she is goodwill ambassador.
- Chocolate is her favorite ice-cream.
- Does she love animals? Yes! She is an Animal Lover Advocate – She just got a French Bulldog by the cute name of Kru yesterday!
- Favorite Movie and Song? Sweet Home Alabama and Neon Moon by Brooks & Dunn.
- As Miss Colorado, she has visited 10 different states in the last 30 days!
- She hates Cilantro and she loves Pickles!
Stay tuned for pics and behind the scenes with Kelley on our social media channels and Blog.
What inspires you about Kelley?
It didn’t take a stethoscope for us to hear you when you rallied behind Miss Colorado Kelley Johnson. But now we’re giving Kelley a chance to hear you, too.
Leave your questions for her in the comments, and she’ll answer them when she joins us for a special photo shoot and Q&A session later this month.
Send your comments by 5:00pm EST Friday, November 13th for a chance to participate in our discussion.