Over the past 30 years, there has been a nearly 29% increase in diagnosis of pediatric cancer. This increase has resulted in pediatric cancer becoming the leading cause of death by disease among U.S. children. As the list of potential carcinogens continues to grow, we can only anticipate the rate of pediatric cancers to increase as well. While cures are out there, one of the best ways to help prevent childhood cancer is to take preventative steps. Here are a few steps you can take to help prevent cancer in children:
- Avoid pesticides. Instead use non-toxic remedies around the house. Also, removing shoes before you enter your home will help keep chemicals that end up on your shoes stay out.
- Use non-toxic products. Read labels and look for more natural materials!
- Clean up indoor air with non-toxic products. Try using plants to filter your air or window ventilation.
- Try to eat more organic and healthier.
- Avoid products made with plastic that contain harmful chemicals like BPA. Use reusable glass or stainless steel instead.
Given this month is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, we wanted fill you in on a couple ways you can help spread the word and give to the cause of fighting childhood cancer.
1. You can donate to Mira’s Movement, whose missions is to “increase public awareness of the incidence and impact of childhood cancer, to provide resources and support for families facing a pediatric cancer diagnosis, and to broaden support for increased federal funding of pediatric cancer and brain tumor research.”
2. This month, Hyundai is giving $200 from the sale of each vehicle in September to 68 hospitals and non-profit organizations in the form of “Hope Grants”. Through Hyundai Hope on Wheels, Hyundai plans to donate $100,000 to each hospital and non-profit…totaling $6.8 million! You can also donate directly through Hyundai Hope on Wheels.
No tricks here, just treats! Our select styles from our spooktacular collection of Halloween Prints are now on sale! We have pumpkins, goblins, ghouls, cats and more festive prints to wear to work as Halloween approaches, so check out selection of UA Scrubs, Tooniforms, Mary Engelbreit and more.
Any exciting decorating plans for Halloween this year? Although spooky monsters, creepy ghosts and green witches have always scared me, something about Halloween makes them all ok…at least when in good taste!
Trick or Treat!
For many, when someone mentions Labor Day the first thing that comes to mind is getting a day off of work (whether or not you have the luxury!). But the reality behind Labor Day is not the celebration of a 4 day work week or the indulgence of grilled shish kabobs with chicken, pineapple, onion and red peppers (mmmm, it’s almost lunch time here so this sounds really good) at your neighbors barbeque. It’s a day for us to pay tribute to American working men and women across the country. So whether or not you are going into work on Monday, we all have every reason to celebrate our hard work! In particular, to everyone working in the medical field, thank you for working hard to help people every day!
Because Labor Day is an American Holiday, why not show your American spirit? Those 4th of July and Memorial Day prints can definitely be used again this coming Monday. But if you missed the boat earlier this summer, we still have some American pride prints available. Plus red, white and blue solids scrubs!
Happy week before Labor Day!
Whistling while we work,
At UA we are always striving to provide the best product and customer service out there, and when we hear positive feedback from customers like you, we simply cannot hide the big smiles it brings the our faces! We thought we’d share a handful of the sweet comments we received, and send a warm Thank You!
I just received the replacement items! Success…thanks so much for all of your help in finally finding a new pant. Please don’t discontinue these!!!
Thanks again to all that provided sizing info over the phone and for your patience!! You all ROCK!
Thank you SO MUCH! Your company is awesome! I am so impressed with your quick response AND you actually answered ALL the concerns! Far above your competition! Thank you again.
I thank you for doing the research in finding the amount that I had been charged and explaining why that amount was charged and that it will be refunded along with $4.99, I really appreciate that. I’m looking forward to receiving my order and placing future orders. I have received great customer service which will keep me coming back!
Thank you again for your quick response in answering my question(s).
Thank-you for your quick response to my e-mail. I have already received the replacement top. UA will get my future business and I will recommend you to any one I can.
I wanted to advise you that my order was wonderful and timely as always. My tops are gorgeous, as always, and I am referring everyone who asks about them to your website due to the fantastic service and value offered.
Thank you for your wonderful work.
Thank you so much! Excellent Customer Service!!
WHEW! These past 7 days have felt like forever and we are so excited to finally announce our Fall 2011 Collection!
I know many of you are still in Summer mode, but here at UA we are dreaming about pumpkin pie and fall foliage. Our team worked hard this season to bring you the best fall collection around.
We are introducing two new exciting brands, Wink Scrubs and Mary Englebreit, along with new and exciting styles from the brands you love including: Koi Scrubs, Cherokee Scrubs, Landau, UA Scrubs, Healing Hands, and Grey’s Anatomy to name a few.
So because we want to make this super official, here it is:
The Fall 2011 Countdown is officially over and our New Line of Fall 2011 Scrubs is NOW AVAILABLE online!
Whew again! That felt great…
And having a blast…
Who doesn’t love summer right? Summer brings back memories (including watching the movie Grease over and over again and singing at the top of my lungs like I was in my own Broadway production) from when I actually had a 3-month long summer vacation where I could spend time outside with friends and family. But now that I’m all grown up? I can still have a blast! Days off are for re-living those summer memories we are so fond of and basking in our favorite things for summer.
So like our usual take on interactive questions, I asked around our office to find out what kind of memories people have of summer and what they enjoy most about summer…here are some of our thoughts!
- Swimming in the pool (refreshing)
- Sun-tan lotion (smells just like summer!)
- Going on vacations to the beach (sand castles…could you ever get your mote to protect them!?)
- Slip and slide (such a great one)
- Riding my bike (handlebars and basket in the front? yes!)
- Getting ready for the dreaded bikini (but making sure we look darn good in it!)
- Cold drinks (soda pop or a simple glass of ice cold water will do the job)
- Ice cream (quick, before it melts!)
- Trips to Disney World! (such a classic…M-I-C-K-E-Y)
And, from the UA company take, Summer 2011 scrub sales!
What do you love about summer?
It’s Wednesday. It’s the middle of the week. And now you have more to look forward to than just the weekend! Next Wednesday, July 27th, our NEW Fall 2011 collections will be available online! Besides new prints, new colors and new styles, we also have more new brands for you to choose from!
So there you have it…just 7 more days…and while we know you are looking forward to next Wednesday, we apologize for any nail-biting suspense this may cause, although the anticipation will be well worth it!