Uniform Advantage is “Going Red” today for Women’s Heart Health and officially kicking off our February fundraising efforts for the National Heart Month and the American Heart Association! Here are some facts about the prevalence of heart disease and why you should get involved:
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death among women, regardless of race or ethnicity, accounting for 8.6 million deaths in women each year
- One in THREE women over the age of 20 has a form of cardiovascular disease
- Women are more likely to have strokes than men, in fact THREE million women die from strokes each year
- Under the age of 50, women’s heart attacks are twice as likely to be fatal
- 267,00 women die annually from heart attacks, this is SIX times as many fatalities as breast cancer
Stay tuned for pictures from today’s “Go Red” day at the Uniform Advantage corporate office. There are many ways you can help raise awareness for women’s heart health (including shopping!) so check out the American Heart Association’s ways to help out: http://www.goredforwomen.org/getInvolved.aspx! Is your workplace celebrating American Heart Month this February? Try hosting your own “Wear Red” Day awareness event for your hospital floor or doctor’s office with our huge selection of red scrubs!