The Golden Globes officially kicked off award season 2012! And if you’re anything like me, the awards themselves come second on the importance meter to the dresses! These early award shows set the tone for the rest of the award shows as to which celebs we should expect another stunning frock from, and who needs to use the next event as an opportunity for recovery (or find a new stylist!). Since we all don’t get to wear these gorgeous gowns for free as part of our day job (or get Cartier Museum jewelry flown in for us from Geneva—hello Charlize Theron); we’re going to show you how Uniform Advantage can help translate these Joan Rivers-approved dresses into your daily routine!
- Rev up the Red! It wasn’t just the carpet that went red this year, celebs like Reese Witherspoon and George Clooney’ s girlfriend Stacey Keibler rocked this classic color and made it to the top of the “best-dressed” lists
Style # WTS66C in Scarlet
You too can rock this red-hot hue, and not only is this scrub top super-soft, but the mock neck style allows you to control how much or how little you want to cinch it.
2. Raspberry Royalty: Stars like Julianna Margulies and Viola Davis worked effortlessly what’s projected to be one of Spring 2012’s hottest colors—wine!
Style # UA424C in Wine
The feminine scrub top’s cascading ruffle collar, side slits, and tie back allow for the perfect fit in this flirty top, while staying polished and professional.
3. Green Goddess: Laura Dern and Evan Rachel Wood made daring statements in metallic green this year that paid off with nods on the “yes” list.
Style #66 in Olive
You can steal their looks with this mock wrap scrub top with a back tie for a flattering fit on any figure!
4. The New Navy: Modern Family’s Sofia Vergara was the standout winner of best-dressed lists everywhere, and while this curve hugging navy dress isn’t work appropriate, try UA’s Best Buy Next Generation Round Neck top!
Style #845 in Navy
This uniform top features front gathers, pinch pleats, and center back elastic to make the most of your work wear silhouette
Stay tuned in January for the SAG awards & Sundance Film Festival and in February for the Grammys & Academy Awards for the next batch of show-stopping styles!
January has been recognized as National Blood Donor month since 1970, due to the increased need for blood. However, hectic holiday schedules, inclement weather conditions, and more people with cold and flu symptoms all contribute to significantly fewer donations this time of year. This is compounded by the fact that there are historically more weather related injuries and traffic accidents in the winter months. Just think—each whole blood donation can help save as many as three lives!
Check here for blood drives and donation centers near you, some even offer fun promotions like “Give a Pint, Get a Pound” where donors receive a pound of Dunkin’ Donuts coffee!
Continue to show your support for National Blood Donor month even after you donate by wearing a festive scrub top like this one from UA (perfect for Valentine’s too!):
HU6EDH Edgy Heart Print Scrub Top
To all of our customers, employees, and friends celebrating Christmas today…we hope that you are having a safe and happy holiday with your friends and family! We know most of you spend all year caring for others, so enjoy the well-deserved break with your loved ones this holiday. Kick back by a warm fire and enjoy the gift-giving, delicious food, drinks, and most of all each other!
For you “day after Christmas” shoppers, treat yourself to a stylish and practical gift that you can use all year round—scrubs! We have holiday prints on sale, solids that transition effortlessly from season to season, and are always adding new, fun prints so check back! Like this fun snowflake top, which can be worn all winter long:
HU6SNB UA Snowflake Art Black Print Scrub Top
Uniform Advantage wishes everyone a joyful and healthy celebration!!
We roamed the halls of UA’s corporate office to find out what UA is loving right now about this holiday season….
- Christmas tree scented candle (perfect complement to your artificial tree…who needs messy needles and spilled water cleanup anyway?)
- My daughter’s reaction to opening her presents Christmas morning (awww!)
- Egg Nog (mmm…Christmas in a cup!)
- Peppermint bark (the smell of peppermint is known to induce calm…holiday stress be gone!)
- UA Winter Snowfall Navy Print Scrub Top
UA Winter Snowfall Navy Print Scrub Top
I stopped in my local mall this past weekend and hearing Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas” upon entering confirmed it: holiday season is here! Below are a few of our festive favorites, but there are many more wintery styles online. With recently reduced holiday prints starting at $8.99, it’s easy to stay jolly all season long!
H662SGI Santa’s Gift Mock Wrap Top
HU86SNR Snowflake Art Royal Button Front Scrub Jacket
HU50SNR Snowflake Art Royal 3/4 Sleeve V-Neck Scrub Top
HU6SMB Smitten with Mittens Black Print Scrub Top
HU6SNB Snowflake Art Black Print Scrub Top
HU662TNC Twas The Night Before Christmas Print Scrub Top
Are you ready to get Merry this year?
The holiday season is right around the corner and before you know it the New Year will be here…so we are here to help you finish off the rest of 2011 in a runway-worthy fashion! Believe it or not, the trends seen on the catwalks at Fashion Week in New York and Milan are in our winter catalogs as well. Scoop up these fashion forward pieces, perfect your strut and you’re good to go!
WC693 Sweetheart Neckline Crochet Trim Top
UA422C Rolled Collar Button Front Top
Pleats and Frills
UA424C Ruffle Mandarin Collar Snap Front Top
EMPC72C Princess Seam Y-Neck Top with Embroidery
U194GWB Scallop Neck Top in Go Wild Black
Anywhere Women’s Zone Clog in Zebra
R1260FEP Rampage Feline Lace Trim Top
Anywhere Women’s Zone Clog in Leopard
Prints: Plaid and Polka
HE232PER Lauren Top in Pencil Plaid Raspberry/Pewter
UA28EBW Mock Wrap Top in Exotic Beauty White and U86PKB Button Front Warm Up Jacket in Polka Pop Black
Can’t wear print scrubs to work? Solid colored scrubs only? Think your options are limited? Think again! You can still have a different look to wear to work by combining different solid styles of medical scrubs.
You can easily jazz up you solid scrubs work wardrobe and go from an ordinary two pocket top to a stylish mock wrap top or from a basic tapered scrub pant to a flare pant. Solid colored options are limitless now that uniform companies like Uniform Advantage are branching out to more fashion-inspired scrubs. Even basic and traditional brands like Cherokee Scrubs have more options than ever before.
Here is a list of styles in solid colors you can wear to work:
- Rolled Collar Button Front Top ~ Playful, yet sophisticated!
- Ruffle Mandarin Collar Snap Front Top ~ Ruffles…so hot this season, and all year round! Ruffles at a whimsical look to any top.
- Sweetheart Neck Scrub Top ~ Sexier than your traditional v-neck, a scallop neck top adds a slight curve to shape the neckline more like an elongated bracket than a straight v.
- Mock Wrap Top ~ Yes, it’s a mock wrap, so your scrub top is still all in one piece. A wrap like feature in the front and tie in the back add feminine shape to your waistline.
- Ruffle Trim ~ Oh so cute ruffles add a girly and playful look to a mock-wrap top.
- Mandarin Collar Snap Front Top ~ Inspired from trendy button downs and high collars, a Mandarin Collar Snap Front Top has a sporty and sexy look you can’t go wrong with.
Check out our Solid Tops!
- Jean Style Scrub Pants ~ A straight leg pant with a mock fly gives scrub pants a jean-like look.
- Yoga Style Scrub Pant ~ Yoga style pants are a comfortable choice, given their non-binding stretch elastic waistband. Boot-cut with bottom slits add an extra unique touch to these pants.
- Cargo Style Pants ~ Cargo pockets are not only stylish but also allow for more pocket room!
Check out our Pants!
Even if everyone in your office or on your wing is wearing the same color, who says you can’t stand out with a different style?