There’s nothing sweeter (pun intended) than strawberries when they’re in season. And guess what…today is National Strawberry Picking Day!
Strawberry season peaks in Florida around April, all over the South in May, and June for northern states, so unfortunately, today may not be your ideal day for picking the juiciest strawberries around the corner. But, fear not my fellow strawberry fanatics. While you may not be in proximity to a strawberry picking field, it doesn’t mean you can’t stop by your local grocery store for a fresh batch of sweet, plump, red, bright, juicy, mouth wateringly-delicious strawberries.
Or, for an unconventional kind of berry picking, you can pick our Berry Sweet print tops!
Berry Sweet Empire Waist Scrub Top
Berry Sweet Mandarin Snap Front Top
As for the real strawberries you’ve picked up, here are some of our favorite recipes for strawberries! Let us know how you like to incorporate strawberries into the food you make…we’d love to try your recipes!
Easy Strawberry Cream Dessert Squares
- 1 roll (16.5 oucnes) refrigerated sugar cookies
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup strawberry topping (from 11.75 ounce jar)
- 2 eggs
- 1 container (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Fresh berries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pres cookie dough evenly onto the bottom of an ungreased 13×9 inch pan.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and ¾ cup of the strawberry toping with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until well blended (about a minute). Add eggs and beat about 2 minutes until well blended. Spread mixture evenly over cookie dough in pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool for 1 hour and enjoy!
Quick Strawberry Shortcake
- 4 shortcakes cut into bit size pieces
- 1 strawberry pie glaze
- 1 quart strawberries, cut bite size
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- Layer shortcake, strawberries, strawberry glaze and whipped cream into a glass bowl
Non-Alcoholic Strawberry Daiquiri
- 1 1/4 ounces lemonade or water
- 1 3/4 ounces sweet and sour mix
- 3 ounces frozen/fresh strawberries
- 1 cup crushed ice
- Put all the ingredients into a blender, blend until smooth, and pour!
- Garnish with a fresh strawberry for an all-over sweet look.
So pick some berries, pick some berry recipes and pick our berry print!