Are you on the hunt for that perfect Halloween costume!? We have compiled a few outfit ideas using our scrubs of course, that will keep you comfortable in your costume AND let you channel the leading characters from a few of today’s hottest TV shows! Whether you’re a fan of Piper’s prison chic look in Orange is the New Black, Dexter Morgan’s forensics expert turned serial killer persona in Dexter, or the pill-popping and drama filled life of protagonist Nurse Jackie we’ve taken care of your costume shopping list for you. Be sure to comment letting us know which look is YOUR favorite, or if you have another idea of your own that incorporates our medical uniforms.
Piper Chapman from Orange is The New Black
Dexter Morgan from Dexter
Nurse Jackie Peyton from Nurse Jackie
We’ve received such good feedback from our “Switch & Mix These 6″ collections that we sent out via email that we decided to expand into providing customers with more scrub outfit ideas via Polyvore. Now we can share with all of our followers on Polyvore and Pinterest our latest “Switch & Mix” scrub outfit creations. It’s our goal to show our customers how they can get the most bang for their buck by coordinating their favorite pair of scrub pants with several different tops to create many workday scrubs outfit combinations!
Keep in mind, these creations are only our ideas, we look forward to seeing what variations and unique “spins” our customers put on these templates that we create. Check out these two sets we did recently for the 4th of July next week. Are you planning on dress patriotically for the upcoming holiday?
UA Scrubs Patriotic Scrub Set Polyvore
UA Scrubs Patriotic Scrub Set #2 Polyvore
In just 4 short days it will officially be Summer, with the Summer Solstice beginning at 1:04 AM EDT on June 21, 2013! The Summer Solstice celebration marks the longest day and the shortest night of the year, getting its name from the Latin words meaning “the sun” and “stand still”. So make sure that you and your family take a time out to relax and enjoy nature and the outdoors this weekend, just don’t forget your protective hats and sunscreen! You can even take the opportunity to plant flowers or a small garden together, to do your part to give back and to fully appreciate nature.
If you’re a medical professional working this Summer Solstice weekend, you should rock your favorite bright “Summery” print scrub top like this UA Scrubs Tropical Delight top or this Petal Splash print by WonderWink Scrubs.
UA Tropical Delight Black Mock Wrap Top
WonderWink Scrubs Petal Splash Print Top
According to AAA, there is going to be a steep decline in air travel this Memorial Day weekend, down 8% from last year as a result of economic concerns. If jet-setting away to an island isn’t in the cards this year, we want to help you make the most of your long weekend! A popular trend in the last few years is doing a “staycation”, where family and friends participate in day trips and fun activities that are still within driving distance. Here are a few ideas that you can use for inspiration this coming holiday weekend. Just make sure you leave the household chores, errands, and work emails behind as if you were actually 1,000 miles away!
- Set up a tent in your backyard for you and your family to camp, just don’t forget the fire pit as no camping trip is complete without S’mores! Make it a game to see who can last the longest without going inside the house (you are in the wilderness after all!)
- Find local festivals in your area where you and you crew can enjoy good food, music, and hopefully some patriotic fireworks! Use Festivals.com or your local newspaper to help you locate all of the ones nearby.
- If it’s an adults-only night, throw a backyard BBQ party complete with red, white, and blue cocktails.
- Get a group to go on a biking excursion on a nearby trail; just don’t forget to pack your picnic lunch!
- If your holiday weekend involves a shift or two at work, make the best of it with one of our just reduced patriotic holiday scrub tops (perfect for 4th of July and Labor Day too!)
Let us know if you have any favorite “staycation” trips or activities of your own that we may have missed!
‘Tis the season for holiday parties, and is also the season where spare time seems to be nonexistent! So we’re making it easy for you this year and bringing you party-ready treats for you to bring into work for your co-workers (while you all have on your winter holiday scrubs of course), make for your neighborhood gathering, or even save for family on Christmas day! Let us know if we forgot any, we’d love to hear your favorite festive recipe for the holidays!
Santa Hat Pretzels
Christmas Mice Cookies
Snowman Cheese ball
Olive Christmas Penguin Poppers
Thanksgiving is two short weeks away, and we can almost taste the turkey! Whether this Thanksgiving is going to be a working day for you or a welcomed day off, we have you covered! We have holiday scrub tops and scrub jackets to make your day more festive for you, your co-workers, and patients. Since food is a major part of this holiday, (in addition to giving thanks for the past year, family, and friends) we compiled some easy Thanksgiving treat ideas. These would be great to bring in for a work party, or to make at home for snacking before or after your big feast!
H668GFH UA Giving with Friends Honey Mock Wrap Scrub Top
U6AAN UA Women’s Adoring Autumn Navy Print Scrub Top
HU834GIT UA Give Thanks Print Scrub Jacket
Turkeys in a Row Oreos
Pilgrim hat cookies
Do you have a favorite Thanksgiving treat that you make every year? Tell us about it!
As (hopefully) everyone knows, this coming Monday September 3rd is Labor Day! Labor Day became a federal holiday in 1894, to celebrate the contributions of American workers. It has also become a symbol, whether we like it or not, as the end of the summer season and school starting back up again. For this reason, people across the country mark the day with friends and family barbecuing outdoors, taking camping trips, or one last beach vacation. There is a common theme in all of these activities, fun food! We’re here to help give you some inspiration for Labor Day treats, no matter what’s on the agenda.
1. Fireside Banana Boats-when your little (or little at heart) campers get tired of S’mores, try these tasty treats that you can cook either over the fire or using a BBQ grill. You scoop out the banana, marshmallows, and chocolate chips with a spoon, so no sticky fingers! Click on the image below for the recipe:
2. Watermelon Cake-what’s more symbolic of summer than watermelon!? This beautiful cake is a cinch to make (don’t believe us? Check out the recipe) and will “wow” both the kids and adults at your BBQ. Click on the image below for the recipe:
3. Picnic Berry Shortcakes-if you’re looking for a dish to keep your bikini body straight into fall, try this healthy dessert! They’re also nice because you can make them ahead of time AND guests can tote around their own individual servings.
Whatever your plans are, we just hope you are able to relax and enjoy this weekend! If you haven’t already, be sure to “like” Uniform Advantage (www.Facebook.com/UAScrubs) on Facebook for an exclusive Labor Day weekend savings pass (wink!)