As a Nursing Assistant, you are often expected to do whatever comes your way in a timely and effective fashion. From cleaning up after your patients to making them feel at ease, your wide range of skills helps carry you through a job that demands the utmost in people and medical skills. In times where you are the first person to offer help to a patient in need, your improvisation skills quickly remedy any situation that comes your way. Whether a resident or nurse asks for your help, you know the value of preparedness and tackling your day with clear objectives. With this in mind, here are some tips to make your day run smoothly:
1) Have a game plan. Although it seems like a burden with your excessively long weeks that often mean working overtime, arriving 15 minutes early to work to plan your day helps you take charge of your responsibilities. These minutes of alone time will provide you the opportunity you need to get ahead and be informed of your duties.
2) Keep a basic work kit handy. If you have pockets or a waist pouch handy, be sure to keep the essentials (such as a pen, permanent marker, tape measure, and extra gloves) on hand in case you need to act quickly.
3) Let the RN know of your progress and if anything out of the ordinary arises. Your superior will appreciate your initiative and genuine care for your patients and profession, making you stand out from your peers.
4) Be cautious when lifting heavy objects and patients. The physical component of your job can be just as demanding as keeping track of your patients’ progress. Remember to use proper body mechanics and lift using your legs, not your back!
5) Smile! Keeping a smile on your face even in moments of pressure and distress is shown to reduce stress and boost your mood into a more positive one – seriously! Psychological research backs this phenomenon up. Your smile will help carry you through the day and uplift your patients in the process!
Happy Nursing Assistants Week….We appreciate you!
Treat yourself to your favorite brands with our Hot Summer Sale at prices up to 50% off!
We roamed the halls of UA’s corporate office to find out what UA is loving right now about this holiday season….
- Christmas tree scented candle (perfect complement to your artificial tree…who needs messy needles and spilled water cleanup anyway?)
- My daughter’s reaction to opening her presents Christmas morning (awww!)
- Egg Nog (mmm…Christmas in a cup!)
- Peppermint bark (the smell of peppermint is known to induce calm…holiday stress be gone!)
- UA Winter Snowfall Navy Print Scrub Top
UA Winter Snowfall Navy Print Scrub Top
Here are Five Things we are loving now at UA!
- The Heat being in the Eastern conference finals! (Living in South Florida, we have to get excited about this! Let’s go Heat!!
- Starbucks Via Ready Brew (oh, Starbucks, how you’ve made staying awake so easy…coffee on the go)
- My first ever mother’s day gift: a clay impression of 7 month old son’s hand (There’s nothing sweeter than a homemade gift on Mother’s Day…not to mention your first celebrated Mother’s Day)
4. Being diligent about treating my cat’s Diabetes because with the right food and perseverance and he is no longer diabetic! (Gotta love our pets!)
5. UA Tango Rose Dark Lilac Mock Wrap Scrub Top
Here’s what we are loving now at UA!
- Our one year wedding anniversary (love a good romantic)
- Holidays (happy belated Easter and Passover)
- Making homemade ice cream (toll house and chocolate with resse’s peanut butter cups to be exact)
- Chocolate chip cookies fresh from the oven and a glass of milk (melt in your mouth!)
- Koi Scrubs Women’s Lindsey Lower Rise Drawstring Pant in Aqua (Style# K701)
Happy Monday, Everyone!
Because we all love talking and sharing the things we love, we at UA have decided to start a new section of our blog dedicated to just this. First it was Win-It Wednesdays (we have one coming soon FYI)…now we’re starting a new section called “Five Things”. In these posts, we will let you know 5 things some of us at UA are loving now…including our favorite scrub top!
Please feel free to leave us a comment and tell us what you’re loving now! It doesn’t have to be related to medical uniforms (although we wouldn’t mind)…whatever you’re loving now, we want to hear it!
So, here’s what we are loving now:
- Love and support from co-workers while I was sick (It’s always nice and comforting to have love and support from those around you)
- A cappella (Who doesn’t love a beautiful song when the only instruments are vocal chords?)
- Mercury being in Retrograde (So no matter what happens, you can just blame Mercury! You accidentally ate your co-workers lunch? That’s okay! Mercury made you do it.)
- Office potlucks (you should have seen the array we had last Friday…spinach dip, cake, pie, cobbler, brownies, wings, veggies, fruit, sandwiches, chips, chicken salad…it was delicious!)
- Women’s Spot On Melon Mock Wrap Scrub Top ~ UA28SOM
Have a great week!