Win-It-Wednesday ~ Back to School Edition!
It’s that time of year again, when we shuffle the kids off to school with their new supplies and new outfits. Unfortunately, in this economy, it’s hard to save money when your kids grow out of their clothes every other week! So how can you save money when shopping this season? Here are a few tips on keeping your wallet full while filling up your shopping cart.
- Stay organized. Make a list of everything you need. Take note of what you have left over from last year, and don’t double up on anything unless necessary. Nothing’s worse than buying a car-load of school supplies and realizing after you get home that you forgot the glue sticks, or that you had 6 extra ones at home.
- Make a budget, and involve the kids. By setting a budget, you are limiting your spending and saving money, and involving the kids will teach them to shop responsibly. It’s win/win!
- Make sure the store you choose has everything on your list. Don’t waste gas driving to 4 different stores just to pick up some school supplies. Go to your neighborhood superstore (like Target or Wal-Mart), where you know they’ll have it all, and at low prices.
- Choose the right time to go. This is an important one. On one hand, if you go too early for the supplies, you miss all of the back to school sales. On the other hand, if you go during the sales, you risk getting trampled by all of the other parents who had the same idea. And if you wait too long, all of the supplies you need will be sold out, so it’s important to plan ahead.
- Check your social networks for discounts. More and more retailers have been turning to Facebook to promote their sales and discounts. Some offer coupons just for liking the page, and others do things like ask their fans to upload a photo of themselves wearing the company’s brand. Either way, it’s an easy way to save some money, so why not?
These days, the savings are everywhere! It’s hard to miss the nonstop commercials for Office Max, Target, Wal-Mart and Payless (among countless others), promoting their back to school special offers on school supplies, back packs, school uniforms and other outfits. But who says these back to school savings are just for the kids? This year, Uniform Advantage is getting in on the fun, and giving the grown-ups a chance to save a little!
So, for this Win-It-Wednesday, simply go to our Facebook fan page at www.Facebook.com/UAScrubs and like our page to receive an exclusive source code for Free Shipping on orders over $99! If you already “Like” us on Facebook, just simply visit our fan page and click on the “Win it Wednesday” link on the left Hand Side. Hurry! Offer will end on 08/24/2011 and will be removed from Facebook soon.