Earth Day Tips!
Happy Friday slash Weekend slash Earth Day everyone!
In recognition of Earth Day and all things going green, we’ve put together a short list of ways you can start saving on energy at home and ways to help save the environment.
- Unplug electronics while you’re not using them or plug them into a power strip. (Did you know that 75% of the energy consumed by your home electronics is actually done so while they are turned off?)
- Cool down with a fan. (Especially during those scorching Summer months.)
- Use warm or cold water when washing you scrubs. (Hot water can get increase your water bill–by a lot!)
- Trade out your incandescent bulbs for fluorescent ones. (Fluorescent lights use a lot less energy and last much longer than incandescent bulbs.)
- Bring your own bags to retailers…including grocery stores. (No more plastic bags…which actually have BPA in them.)
- Pay your bills online. (Not only will you save yourself from an overflowing mailbox, but you’ll also be saving trees!)
Check out how UA has been goign green with our Advantage Earth program!