Breaking news! Exciting, incredible news!
Kelley Johnson, registered nurse and Miss Colorado 2015 and 2nd runner up to Miss America will be here at our Headquarters in Fort Lauderdale, Florida this week!
Arguably the most recognizable face in nursing today, Kelley brought national attention to nurses everywhere. We are over the moon excited to spend time with Kelley! We were blown away by her monologue at the Miss America pageant and we share Kelley’s sentiment that nursing is all about loving and caring for patients. Nurses go ALL out for their patients!
Here’s some insight into Kelley’s World:
- Kelley was born in Fort Collins, Colorado.
- Kelley graduated Summa Cum Laude from Nursing School at Grand View University, where she was also a collegiate athlete and valedictorian.
- She hopes to obtain a Doctorate in Nursing Practice.
- Kelley is 6’ 1” Tall. (WOW!)
- She has 2 older sisters.
- Kelley used to be a volley ball player.
- While a student at Grand View University in Des Moines, Iowa, Johnson won the Miss Liberty 2014 title.
- She wanted to be Miss Colorado since she was a little girl. (Dreams do come true!)
- Johnson was crowned Miss Northern Colorado 2015 and went on to be crowned Miss Colorado 2015.
- At the Miss America Pageant in September 2015, in the interview portion, she was asked what woman should appear on the ten-dollar bill and answered “Ellen Degeneres.”
- She chose to do the monologue for her talent portion for Miss America because she wanted to showcase her talent as a nurse and give nurses a voice as many people do not understand the range of what they do.
- Kelley is passionate about supporting organizations like Children’s Miracle Network Hospital, Global Down Syndrome Foundation, Boys and Girls clubs and Junior League.
- She loves kids and helping them out!
- Kelley’s year as Miss Colorado has included appearances on the Ellen Show, Dr. Oz, The Doctors and speaking engagements across our country.
- As Miss Colorado, she is goodwill ambassador.
- Chocolate is her favorite ice-cream.
- Does she love animals? Yes! She is an Animal Lover Advocate – She just got a French Bulldog by the cute name of Kru yesterday!
- Favorite Movie and Song? Sweet Home Alabama and Neon Moon by Brooks & Dunn.
- As Miss Colorado, she has visited 10 different states in the last 30 days!
- She hates Cilantro and she loves Pickles!
Stay tuned for pics and behind the scenes with Kelley on our social media channels and Blog.
What inspires you about Kelley?